Growing up in America, there area lot of sports to watch and growing up Arab, there’s a lot of yelling in Arabic… at your TV. Here are 16 things Arabs say while watching American sports:
1. Ya zalama pass the zift ball
2. INTERCEPTION! Interception fe 3ynak!
3. Wallah the ref is me7ashesh
4. My Teta could pitch better than this ahbal
5. Wein el defense wein?!?
6. Hasad bro wallah someone put the 3ien on us this season
7. Foul?! Emak fouled when she had you!!
8. El hamdellah they fired David Blatt
9. He practically traveled all the way to el belad
10. Aiwwwaaaaaa out of the park
11. Wallah this shit is rigged
12. Yalla habibi yalla….TOUCHDOWN!
13. Penalty fe tezak
14. Y3lan eli khalaf el ref
15. Allah I know it’s been a while but if my team makes it to play offs I’ll donate some of my winnings…
16. What do you mean we’re out of hummus?
Know an Arab American doing amazing in their community or dominating their industry? We want to get to know them! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally published on Scoop Empire February 2, 2016